Scoring Options for Your Pool
The scoring can be handled in multiple ways. Leaderboards can have multiple scoring options. Each pool admin decides what is in play for their pool.
- TO PAR Scoring
Add golfers scores relative to par. Sorted by a team with the best cumulative score. Scores update live throughout the tournament.
- $$ Earnings Scoring
Add golfers money earnings for the tournament. Projected earnings will update live throughout the tournament.
- Daily Bests Scoring
Use the best golfers score from each day. For example, if everyone picks 6 golfers, you could choose to only count the best 4 scores from each day. Scores update live throughout the tournament.
- Round by Round Scoring
Add golfers scores relative to par for a single round. Sorted by the team with the best cumulative score for the individual round.
If you are the pool admin, you can set the default scoring option from your pool admin page.
It is up to each pool admin to handle any tiebreakers. Each entrant submits a guess at the winning golfer’s final score, not including playoff holes. If more is needed to break the tie, the pool admin has the final say. The order of the results on the leaderboard will not reflect tiebreaker selections. If in a tiebreaker situation, you'll have to manually determine who the winner is by clicking the team name or using the pool admin screen.
Cut Golfers & Withdrawn Golfers Scores
After the cut is determined you’ll notice that cut golfers will get assigned a score automatically for rounds 3 and 4. Withdrawn golfers (or anyone that doesn't finish all 4 rounds) will get assigned a score automatically for any rounds not finished. The score will be 80 or the Highest Carded Round for that round, depending on your pool's selection. The highest carded round will fluctuate throughout the day until all rounds are completed for that day.
Crossed Out Golfers
Many pools count only a subset of golfers chosen, and the golfers not counting towards the final score will be crossed out. Crossed out golfers will change based on the best golfers on each person's team as the tournament plays out. This setting can be changed in the scoring section of the pool admin page.
Official & Projected Earnings
- Official earnings are typically posted within a few hours of tournament completion.
- Golfers that miss the cut receive $0 for official earnings, by default. This matches official PGA Tour earnings. Some tournaments like the Masters award cut golfers $10,000 or some amount of unofficial money. Upon request of a pool admin, the additional unofficial money can be included in the final earnings, but it won't appear as official earnings unless requested.
- Projected earnings update live based on each player's leaderboard position.
- Projected earnings calculated following the standard PGA Tour Payout Percentages formula.
- Projected earnings are not guaranteed to match official earnings.
- Amateurs are not awarded projected earnings
Should the tournament end in a playoff, the golfers in the playoff will not receive credit for the strokes earned or lost during the playoff. The results of the playoff will influence the earnings each golfer is awarded, aligning to official earnings.